Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Privacy in the Blogosphere

Writing a blog seems a little different than writing in a journal. While both have their merits, a journal has a semblance of privacy, of just me and God--both my thoughts for God and Gd's nudgings to me. On the other hand, a blog gives the world an opportunity to see these ramblings--whether they will or not is a slim chance. But on the slight possibility that someone else will read these words, I feel somewhat fettered in my writing. I suppose this will pass, as whatever I write, while still somewhat private because no one may really hear or care what I write (except God), is published in the world of the web and is accessible by anyone who has internet access anywhere around the world, so my thoughts are very public.

This morning I give thanks for my family and pray for their health and safety and their own spiritual growth. God continually reassures me that he is in control and that they are in good hands, yet it is difficult to watch them struggle to grow and develop, making mistakes and learning from them. I pray that my wife will be blessed in her work, and healing would come to her body. I pray that my oldest would find happiness and be renewed in her faith, and healing and health would come to her. I pray that my middle daughter would continue to spread joy to those around her, but that she would take responsibility for her schoolwork and buckle down. I pray that my youngest would find himself--that he would grow and kn ow that he is loved unconditionally and that he would find his joy in God.

I went to the hospital last night to visit the mother of a friend and former parishioner. I pray that God would give her health and healing, but even above that would give her peace--assurance of his will and providence in her life, and that peace would pass on to her family.

This morning I go to work again at Farmland. Today I receive individualized training for my new position as HOG DRIVER. Isn't that a hoot? I receive my Master of Divinity Degree, and the next week begin working as a Hog Driver--I guess that will teach me to pray for humility. But still, I am learning the same lessons--that God is sovereign, and works his will in our lives in strange and wonderful ways. I am being equipped for what God has for me. Let me remain pliable in His hands.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hey babe,
I wanted to tell you that I so appreciate the fact that you are faithful to your family and that you lift us up to the one that cares the most for us. I know this time in our life is more than just a little difficult for you. I am so proud of you for handling it with the Grace of god. I love you so much.....Can't wait to see what the future holds. I pray that God will give peace about your ramblings and help you to realize that your ramblings might very well strike the heart of those who read them.....All of my love....
Tanya